Spring! Which means lots of sunshine, time change, and nature coming back into bloom. For you, it means packing up your winter clothes and breaking out the tank tops and shorts. And now that the 90s are back in fashion, I’m sure you added crop tops and overalls in the mix. But just because you’re able to pack up your winter clothes, doesn’t mean you can hide the little bit of winter weight you gained in the middle (insert angry face emoji).
It’s natural that we all gain weight around fall and winter. There are holidays with plenty of food and it’s cold outside which can make us semi-lazy and want to sleep more. I know I’m a big fan of lying in my bed cuddled up to my pup on a cold day. So what’s a girl to do with her new LBS? Get to work!
This is the best ab workout because there are only 5 moves to give you a killer core. I do this anytime I see a slight change in my body. You can do this in your house, apartment, flat, wherever, just get a mat and feel the burn.
Do this workout a few times a week and you’ll be looking ab-a-licious. And don’t just focus on your abs; make sure you’re always exercising regularly. Here are 2 full body workouts I put together, Full Body Workout with Weights at Home or in the Gym and Full Body Gym Workout.
Before you start, please consult your physician for any exercise routine. The no pain, no gain motto is a myth, so don’t overdo it.
It’s time to spring it on!
Sit-ups – 15
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Cross your arms in front of your body.
- Exhale and pull your belly button in toward your spine as you gently raise your torso by bending your hips and waist. Lift up until your torso is just inches from your thighs.
- Focus on a point on the wall as you’re bringing your body up.
- Roll back down to the starting position to repeat.
V-ups – 15
- Lie on the ground with your legs and arms fully extended.
- Keep your legs straight and lift them up, at the same time raise your upper body off the floor to reach for your toes with your hands.
- Squeeze your abs as you reach for your toes.
- Slowly lower back down to start position and then repeat.
Russian Twists – 30
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Lean back where you’re in a V-position and lift your feet a little off the floor. Extend your arms straight out and either pretend you’re holding a weight or clasps your hands together.
- Twist your torso to the right side as far as your able, and hold before twisting and doing the same on the left.
*Right twist, left twist is one.
Plank – .40 seconds
- Place forearms on ground, elbows under shoulders
- Place legs together and support your weight on your elbows and toes.
- Keep your body straight.
- Hold position.
Superman – 20
- Lie on your stomach and extend your arms out in front of you.
- Lift your legs, upper body, and arms up as if you are flying–keep your core tight.
- Hold 3–5 seconds.
- Return to start and repeat.
Repeat the best ab workout with 5 moves for a killer core 3 times. It will not be easy, in fact, it’s going to suck, but if you’re serious about shedding winter weight, then this ab workout will have you feeling the burn. Remember those tank tops and shorts you’re going to be wearing in spring and summer?! Do it for them! 😉